Thursday 20 January 2011

A Cheap clean

The product I am reviewing here is Tesco's vitamin E cleaning facial wipes, they are a bargain and everyone should try them.

It was by chance that I came across these wipes as I was actually looking for my usual face wash when I spotted them on the shelf. I decided that I would have a closer look at the packet and after reading it decided they sounded good and ideal for slipping into my gym bag to freshen up before I got home and washed.

~~PACKAGING~~

The wipes come in a little peach coloured packet, resembling the style of a baby wipe packet. The product name and Tesco logo is on the front of the back and on the back we have all of the relevant information about the wipes.

On the top of the packet there is a clear stick film which pulls back so you can remove the wipes and then re sticks so the remaining wipes stay moist.

~~USE AND RESULTS~~

The wipes are very simple to use and you just need to use them to rub over the face and neck area. They are easy to remove from the packet and only one comes out each time so none get wasted. They are white in colour and are a good size, they measure approximately 19 x 15cm. They are a good thickness so do not rip or tear when being pulled out of the packet or used. The wipes do feel moist but not overly so, so you wont be left with wet hands after using them.

There is a scent on the wipes and for me the smell remind me of cucumber. The smell is very noticeable when the wipe is first removed from the packet but once t has been used and thrown away the smell does go away. I have never noticed a prolonged smell on my hands or face from sing these.

I mainly use these wipes just to freshen my face after a good work out in the gym, I do find they help me a lot and take away the horrible sweaty and grubby feeling I always end up with. I have also used these on the odd occasion when I have worn foundation to remove it and it does a great job and makes sure there is none left on my face. When I have initially wiped my face with these my skin feels quite damp and very fresh and within a few moments it feels completely dry but I do still get the fresh feeling remaining. There is no tingling feeling from using the wipes and I am pleased about this as I do not like having that feeling.

The one down side to the wipes would be that they cannot be used on the eyes, they would have been great if we could have done this as they are good for removing makeup.

~~INFO~~

The wipes come in a pack size of 25 and they last me about 2 weeks as only one wipe is needed for each use. The wipes are not to be flushed away and they must be disposed of in the rubbish bin.

The ingredients for the wipes include:-

Aqua, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Glyceryl Stearate, Glycerin, Ceteareth-12, Tocopheryl Acerate, Polysorbate 20, PEG-35, Castor oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf juice, Parfum, Sodium Citerte, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Benzoic Acid

The shelf life for the wipes is 3 months once the packet has been open.

There is a claim on the packet that the wipes have been Dermatologically tested and contain no alcohol but there is no mention as to whether or not these have been made using animal testing.

~~PRICE AND AVAILABILITY~~

These wipes are a Tesco own branded product so they are only available to buy in their stores. They have the great price tag of only 48p and personally I think they are a complete bargain. They only come in the one pack size and perhaps they should consider making a larger pack so they will last for a full month.

~~RECOMMENDED?~~

I have no problems in giving these wipes a high recommendation and the full 5 stars. They are great for removing make up and freshening the face and neck area and the price tag is a bonus. The small pack size is ideal for slipping into a hand or gym bag but perhaps a larger packet would be better for in the bathroom at home. For the price you really have nothing to loose in giving them a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment