Tuesday 11 January 2011

One for the Ladies!

Another perfume which I was blessed to have been given for Christmas is the Amarige by Givenchy one. I am pleased with this one as it has as much nicer scent than some of the others which I have been bought.

~~APPEARANCE~~
The bottle for this perfume is an oval type shape and it is made from clear glass, this allows us to see just how much perfume we have left in the bottle, the perfume name and brand is on the front of the bottle in black lettering. The lid of the bottle is white plastic and it forms a funny shape, under this is the spray top which allows you to use the perfume with ease. The perfume inside the bottle is a yellowy colour and does actually look a lot like wee! The overall appearance of the bottle is very nice and as it is very basic it has more of a classy look than some of the more pretty bottles. It would look good among any perfume collection.

~~SCENT~~
The smell of the perfume is very nice and my first thought when smelling it was of the musky scent it has along with a deeper floral one. I am not cleaver enough to be able to smell the different notes from the perfume so I have looked on line and found that they are:-

Heart notes - Gardenia, Mimosa
Top notes - Neroli
Base notes - Cashmerande
The scent for me is much more suitable as an evening scent as there is the underlying sensual feel to this perfume. I think this would suit women of all ages right from early 20’s to late 60’s. I would recommend that this was more of an evening perfume than day one as it is not floral or light and it does have an air of romance to it.

~~USE AND RESULTS~~
It is easy to use the perfume and only a few sprays are needed, I tend to spray once on my neck and then once on each wrist, I have found that this is more than enough. The perfume does absorb into the skin well and does not leave any sticky patches. I have been advised in the past that the scent of a perfume can change during the month as a result of hormones but I am happy to say this one does not and I have not noticed, neither has hubby any changes from this one. I am pleased to say that there is a good amount of staying power in this perfume and it does stay noticeable for a good 4+ hours. Also when you no longer require the perfume it does easily wash off in the bath or shower and it completely removed allowing you to pop on something different if you wish. Only a small spray of this perfume is needed in the required places as it is a little strong when first applied, this just helps with the value for money side of the perfume.

~~PRICE AND RECOMMENDATION~~
I was bought my bottle as a present but I have been looking on line and found that the average price for the 30ml bottle is £30. I think that this is a fair price as the scent is very nice and it has good staying power. I am happy to give this perfume a good 4 stars, and a good recommendation. Suitable for all ages and especially for evening wear for those wanting a sensual smelling fragrance.


No comments:

Post a Comment