Thursday 27 January 2011

Sumptuous Strawberry!

New post is more of the ladies, it a review for the Body Shop Strawberry bath and shower gel. Its a great buy so enjoy the review and get buying!

I have not shopped in the Body Shop for years and since my favourite brand of bath foams have not bought out any new ones recently I decided to give them a go. The first one I chose was the Strawberry Shower gel. I had to get the shower gel as they did not have this in the bath foam as I wished but I have on many occasions before used shower gel as bath foam and it has worked fine.

~~PACKAGING~~
The gel comes in a clear plastic bottle which shows off the red liquid inside. The front of the bottle has the Body Shop logo and the product name on and at the bottom of the label is a small picture of some strawberries. On the back of the bottle we have a label containing all of the product ingredients and the directions for use.

The lid is plastic and is a simple flip design, it can be unscrewed if you wish but the flip lid works perfectly fine and the liquid s easy to get out.
~~USE AND RESULTS~~

I am not a fan of showers but for the purpose of this review I decided to use this as a shower gel first. I found it worked well and was simple to use. The gel just needs to be massaged into the skin either with the hand or on a flannel and it can be used all over the body. The results I got when I came out of t he shower were good and my skin was left feeling soft and moisturised. I was also able to smell the gel on me for a good few hours after using it.
The scent is of strawberries and it is lovely. You can smell the scent from the moment you open the bottle and it only intensifies when the gel is being used. I found that I could smell it on my skin for a good few hours after showering in it. When I used this as a bath foam I noticed how the smell wafted around the whole of the upstairs of my hose and was great. The smell lasted for the whole duration of my bath, usually around 15 minutes. I was able to smell this on my skin after bathing in it but not as strong as when used as a shower gel.

When this is used as a bath foam it makes a good lather. The liquid just needs to be poured under a running tap and it immediately starts to make the lather and bubbles. They lather lasted for a good amount of time and was nice and light. When I washed my hair in the bath the lather did not go as it does with some bath foams. The results on my skin after bathing in this were lovely and I felt very soft and moisturised. My skin felt clean and I was left with a comforting feeling as I could faintly smell the strawberries.
The gel has not had any negative effects on my skin, and I have asked hubby to try this and it has not affected his sensitive skin, he was not overly keen on the scent left on him after though.

~~INFO~~
The shower gel comes in a bottle size of 60ml which is good for a trial as if like me you have never used this before and you get roughly 7 showers or 5 baths from this size. It can be bought in a larger sized bottle.

The product ingredients for those wishing to know are:-
Aqua (Water) (Solvent/Diluent), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Surfactant), Glycerin (Humectant), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (Surfactant), Cocamide DEA (Surfactant), Coco-Glucoside (Surfactant), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (Emulsifier), Parfum (Fragrance), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Glycine soja (Soybean Oil) (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Fragaria vesca (Strawberry Juice) (Natural Additive), PEG-55 Propylene Glycol Oleate (Surfactant), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), Benzophenone-4 (Sunscreen), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), CI 17200 (Colour), CI 14700 (Colour

The shelf life of the gel is 12months once it has been opened. The packaging is 100% recyclable.
This product has been produced without animal testing.

~~PRICE AND AVAILABILITY~~
This is only available to buy from the Body Shop, you can buy this from their online store as well as the high street shops. The small bottle which I have is priced at £2.50 which is quite steep for such a small bottle but it is currently on offer on line for £1.75 which I feel is more reasonable.

~~RECOMMENDED?~~

Yes, I am happy to recommend this shower gel as it smells wonderful, leaves skin feeling clean, moisturised and smelling wonderful. It doubles up as a bath foam which is a bonus for me. I am definitely going to be buying the larger sized bottle when next in town. The full 5 stars from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment