Sunday 9 January 2011

A light floral scented perfume

Good morning blog world. I am starting the morning with a review for the Anas Anais perfume. I am slightly disappointed with this one so hopefully by reading you can save some money.

I have never really had a favourite perfume so I was overjoyed when I got a large selection for Christmas. I have over the past few weeks been testing them all out on a variety of occasions and have found I have a likeness for them all apart from this one. The perfume I am reviewing here is the Anais Anais bottle.

The perfume comes is a white bottle which is a standard cylinder shape. There is a label around the centre which has a background of pink and green flowers and the perfume name and brand on it. The lid is a shiny white plastic which is very easy to remove. There are parts of the bottle which are silver and these form lines around the label and neck of the bottle. Under the plastic lid is a spray top which means the perfume is very easy to spray and wear.

The scent of the perfume is very floral and light. When I smell it I am instantly reminded of lilies, which are my favourite flower. The only problem for me is that it is overly floral and I would have liked another deeper scent to have taken the edge of this. I have been looking online and found the notes for the perfume as I have no idea how to detect these myself and they are as follows:-

Heart notes - Madonna lily, Hyacinth, Muguet, Blackcurrant, Citrus, Jasmine, Rose, Orange blossom, Iris, Ylang Ylang, Vetiver, Cedar, Patchouli, Oak moss, Musk, Russian Leather.

I am quite surprised by reading these as I am not able to detect any of them apart from the floral ones, I certainly cannot detect the blackcurrant, citrus or leather in it.

The scent is very light but there really is no staying power in it. I sprayed this on in the morning and no more than 1 hors later the smell had completely gone so I had to reapply it before going out. This is a let down for me as it means I have to use more of the perfume just to get the desired scent and for people to be able to smell it on me. I have also fond that I am initially spraying over twice as much for each wear compared to my other perfumes and for me this is poor value for money.

The scent is easy to wear when it can be smelt and I have found it does absorb well into the skin and not leave any sticky or horrible patches on the skin. I have not had any irritations from using this perfume at all. I know the scent of the perfume can change on the body at different times of the month, something to do with the hormones but I have not noticed any change at all from this perfume at any time over the last few weeks. I would say that this perfume is more for the older age bracket and it is not one for the 20-30 year market who like the musky or stronger seductive scents. I think this would smell good on a woman in her 40’s during the warmer and summer months.

The retail price of the perfume for the 30ml spray is currently £22.99 at the perfume shop, this will slightly vary depending on where you purchase it from. It is available is a wide variety of shops and online retailers.

I am disappointed to only be able to give this perfume 2 stars. The scent is nice and light but there is no staying power and you have to wear twice as much compared to other brands. Not worth the price tag at all in my opinion.




No comments:

Post a Comment