Wednesday 5 January 2011


This afternoon I am treatng you to a review for a wonderful body scrub which I have found, suggested for stressed moms to pamper themselves with!

I do now have a vast collection of bath products and body washes as for me bath times is one of the best times of the day as I get to have some me time and peace and quiet. Santa this year decided he would add to my collection for me and the first new product I got was the Vanilla Crème Brulee body scrub.

~~PACKAGING~~

The body scrub comes in a clear plastic tube. On the front there is the N Spa logo and the product name. The back of the bottle has a product ingredients and directions for use. The bottom of the tube has a black plastic flip lid which is very simple to use.

As with all the N-Spa products there is a wonderful saying on the front of the bottle and reading these always gives me a little comfort. The one on this body wash reads:-

‘If,’ said the wise man, ‘the sea was vanilla, might the owl and the pussycat have changed there minds and sat instead on caramel coated sands with waves topped with cream… life would be simple, rich and fulfilled. Shall we go there one day?’

~~USE AND RESULTS~~

If really is very simple to user the body scrub, this can either be done in the shower or bath. The body scrub needs to be squeezed either into the hands or onto a wash cloth and then massaged into the body. The liquid makes a good lather and a little goes a long way. The liquid is a good consistency so it is not overly thick and hard to lather or too runny so it runs off your hands.

The liquid is a light orange colour and has noticeable black beads n it. You can feel these on your skin when massaging the liquid in and it does feel refreshing as it means it is removing the dirty from deep in the pores. When I had washed my body with this scrub I really did feel fresh and completely clean. Once I had got dry then my skin looked clean and moisturised. I had no dry skin patches from using this and was very happy with the results that I got.

When you flip open the cap on the tube you can immediately smell the vanilla fragrance. This gets strong once it is lathered up and lasts for a good amount of time. Once I had washed my body with it and dried off I was still able to faintly smell the vanilla on my skin and it was very pleasant. I have used this in the bath along with the Van8lla Crème brulee bath foam and even when using the two products together the smell is not over powering and they do compliment each other very well.

I have asked hubby to test this product out a few times when showering as he has sensitive skin and I am happy to report that he has had no reactions to it and he too has been left with soft and fresh skin.

~~INFO~~

The tube size is 225ml and for me this lasts for about 2 months as I have so many other products on the go at the same time. The shelf life of the body scrub is 36 months once it has been opened.

The product ingredients for those wishing to know are:-

Aqua, Silica, Paraffinum Liquidum, Petrolatum, Cetaryl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearaqte SE, Stearic Acid, Phenixyethanol, Perfum, Sodium Carbomer, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparben, Sodium Hydroxide, Caramel, Denatonium Benzoate, Citric Acid, CI 77499, CI 15985

There is a warning with this body scrub and that this product must not be consumed. The packaging can be recycled. Unfortunately I can not find any indication as to whether this has been produced with animal testing or not.

~~PRICE AND AVAILABILITY~~

The N-Spa products are available from both Asda and Tesco. I was bought this as a gift so do not know what the price was but they are usually priced around the £2.50-£3 mark which I feel is a great price as they do last.

~~RECOMMENDED?~~

Yes. I am more than happy to give this body scrub the full 5 stars. The smell is wonderful and it leaves my skin clear fresh and moisturised. It also works well with the bath foam of the same fragrance. One for all to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment