Wednesday 23 March 2011

Great little balls!

New post is a product review for Tesco's cotton wool balls....

Since I was a little girl cotton wool was always a product which was in the house, I never really knew what it was used for until I started to wear make up and nail varnish and since then I have never been without a bag of it. I find that the Tesco’s My Baby bag of cotton wool balls seems to be one of the best I have been able to find.

The cotton wool balls come in a clear plastic bag which has a small white rectangle on the front, in this there is a cute picture of a baby elephant on a cloud and the product name, there is also the Tesco my baby logo here too. On the back of the bag there is another white rectangle which has all of the product information in. The cotton wool inside is white in colour and they are small balls.

Each ball is a good size and almost round in shape, each individual one does slightly differ. They are nice and fluffy to the touch and very soft. I have found that the balls can actually be opened up and the cotton wool can be used flat in a sort of pad if needed, I have never really had to use it this way as the balls are perfect for what I tend to use it for. The thickness is good and I find they can hold a lot of moisture.

I tend to use these for makeup removal, I find by just putting a small blob of baby lotion on the ball allows me to fully remove all of my eye makeup, one ball is needed for each eye. The cotton wool is very soft and does not irritate the delicate skin and I find I don’t have to apply that much pressure either to get it all off. I also use these for removing nail varnish. The thickness of the ball means that I am able to get enough of the varnish remover onto a pad so they manage to remove one complete set of nails with just one ball.

I did use cotton wool on my boys when they were babies. When bathing them as new born I always wet the balls and used them on the face and delicate eye areas, they were great in this job, the cotton wool does not break or fall apart when wet and it does firm up enough to be able to remove dirty marks and even small amount of sleep which had formed in the corner of babies eyes. They are very mild on the soft skin and do not irritate at all.

The cotton wool balls are made from 100% cotton which means they are pure and soft and ideal for delicate or sensitive skin. Hubby has on occasions used these and has not had any reaction on his sensitive skin.

There is a warning on the back of the bag for the balls which states that the bag holding the balls is made from plastic so must be kept away from small children and babies. Unfortunately the packaging is not recyclable. The cotton wool balls need to be placed in the bin when they have been used and not flushed down the toilet. My boys have flashed a couple of them and they do take a good few flushes to go down.

The bag size gives you roughly 300 balls which lasts me for a good 2 months and this is with me using them daily. The value for money is great and this bag comes in at just under £2. I do find that if you look at the cotton wool bags in the make up isle in Tesco it is a lot more pricey then the ones in the baby isle so do check there when buying this.

I am more than happy to give these cotton wool balls the full 5 stars as they are great for so many jobs. They are good value for money and the bag size means they last. For the price of them I also have no problems in letting my boys use them for craft projects and they are easy to stick to pictures and make good fake fur and snow! Highly recommended by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment