Tuesday 1 March 2011

Healthy hands

My new post is a p[roduct review for Avon care Renewing hand cream, a must have for all homes....

With the constant change in the weather I have noticed that my hands have been getting a little dry so when I saw these hand creams on offer in my Avon book I decided to give one a try, the one which I chose was the renewing moisture one.

The hand cream comes in a white and pink plastic tube, the bottom of this has a blue screw cap which is flat at the bottom so the tube will stand up on this. The design on the front off the tube has a blue area with the Avon logo on and in pink writing under this is the product name. On the back of the tube we have a lot of information in all different languages with the directions for use. The design is good and simple and the fact the cream comes out of the bottom of the tube is good as it always means it is ready to use and you dot have to wait for it to run down the inside before being able to squeeze it out.

When it comes to using the cream it is very simple to do, the screw lid easily screws of and then you can squeeze a small amount out through the small hole onto the inside of one hand, the cream is them to be rubbed into the complete hands and especially between the fingers where I find I get the most dryness. The cream is a white colour and of a nice consistency, it is not overly thick so causes problems rubbing it in and getting it all to soak in, and it is not overly runny which will result in it running off the hands before you get chance to rub it in. I find that I don’t have to use a large amount of the cream for each use as it does spread far, a good 5 pence sized blob will easily cover both hands.

There is a smell to the cream and this is not overpowering and I do actually like it, it is quite light and floral. I am pleased that the smell does not last for very long as I find this to be off putting when it comes to eating or preparing food.

The cream does soak into the skin very well and leaves it feeling very moisturised and soft. I have found that this feeling lasts for a good few hours and even after washing up I still feel it slightly. I tend to put this on of a morning and find I am not feeling the need to re apply it well into the afternoon, also putting this on before bed means I wake to fid nice soft hands. Since starting using this over 1 month ago I have noticed a big difference in the appearance of my hands. They look much nicer and feel softer. The dry skin has all gone and I know the weather has started to settle a little but I doubt this would have happened without using this cream.

The cream comes in 100ml tube and I have been using this 2-3 times a day for over 1 month now and have roughly just under half of the tube left. It is priced at £3.50 but I managed to get mine for the offer price of £1. I feel the full price is still good as it is lasting and works well. The hand creams are usually on offer so try to look out for it. It is only available from Avon, both in the catalogue and online direct from their website.

The ingredients for those wishing to know are:-

Aqua, paraffin liquidum, glycerine, cetearyl alcohol, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, catered-20, glycol stearate, imidazolidinyl urea, carbomer, methylparaben, triethanolamine, parfum, choleth-24, polysorbate 60, dimethicone, magnesium aluminium silicate, sodium phosphate, ceteth-24, PEG-150 stearate, steareth-20, dipotassium phosphate, tetrasodium EDTA, retinyl palmitate, ureas, glycosamine hci, algae extract, faex extract, vitis viniferous seed extract, tocopherol

The shelf life of the hand cream is 12 months. There are no indications as to whether this has been made using animal testing or not.

I am more than happy to give this hand cream the full 5 stars and a high recommendation as it works extremely well and has a good price. There are always offers on this product and the others in the range so I urge you to give it a go if you too suffer from dry hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment