Sunday 27 March 2011

Handy at Protecting hands

New post is a product review for some bargain rubber gloves I found...

My friend has started doing nail art and as I am her guinea pig I decided to invest in some rubber gloves to help protect my nails when doing dirty household jobs. I have never bought rubber gloves before so did not know what to look for in a pair of them. The ones I opted for were the Tesco Value rubber gloves as they seemed to be decent enough and for the amount of times I would be wearing them (I mean I don’t often clean the cooker!) they seemed suitable.

The gloves comes in a white plastic bag which has a red banner on the top with the product name in, above this is the Tesco value logo. On the back of the packet is all the information about the gloves and some small warnings.

The gloves are bright yellow in colour and do look very summery. They are a decent size, the packet claims that they are a medium sized glove. They seem to fit very well onto my hands and I am an average sized person. The gloves are soft to the touch and are made from rubber. On the inside they do have a very thin flock lining which is very soft on the skin.

I have found the gloves very easy to get on and off, even when they are wet and have had great success wearing them. There is a small pattern on the inside of the glove, this is a small indented pattern which means you will still be able to grip items such as glass when they are wet and you wont risk dropping anything.

The fit of the gloves is very good and I do feel they fit snugly around the finger without there being too much excess material in between, the gloves do come a little way up the arm and I would say this is about 4 inches up from the wrist. I like the length here as it means I can put the whole of my hand in a bowl of water and not risk getting any water inside the glove.

I have done some very gruelling jobs wearing these gloves and they have held up well. I gave the oven a much needed scrub which involved using brillo pads and they did not tear rip or even become thin on any areas despite all of the scrubbing. I have also found these great for using when hand washing and bleaching white school tops. The bleach does not affect the colour of the gloves or the rubber. I have also found that my long nails do not pierce the tips of the fingers which is a bonus for me.

There are some warnings on the back of the packet of the gloves and they include not wearing these gloves when using petrol, mineral oil, paraffin or turpentine substances. I have had no reason to use them on these products so cannot comment on the reasons behind this. The gloves are to be dabbed dry when they have been used and stored out of direct sunlight and away from moisture and heat. The gloves are lasting and even after some very mucky jobs I am still on my first pair one month after buying them. You do get two pairs of gloves in each packet so this is good value for money.

These gloves are a Tesco value product so they are only available to buy in their stores, they are price at just over 50p per packet of two pairs which is very cheap compared to branded gloves being nearly £2 for just one pair. I am more than happy to give these gloves a high recommendation and the full 5 stars. I would say thought that they do seem more suited for the female market as the fingers are a snug fit for me so chunky man fingers may find these gloves too small or tight. For the price they are a great investment in keeping hands and nails safe when doing the dreaded dirty jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment