Sunday 13 March 2011

Not very precious

I found a new bath foam when shopping last and decided to give it a try, read my review to see what I thought...

I do have a love for bath foams as bath time in my house means ME time! I spotted this one on the shelf on one of my shopping trips and thought it looked and sounded very good, it was also on offer so I decided to give it a try. The one I chose was Imperial Leather Precious, night blooming jasmine and cotton milk bath cream, unfortunately looks can be deceiving.

~~PACKAGING~~

The bath foam come in a clear plastic bottle which means we get to the deep purple liquid inside and always know just how much of it we have left. On the front of the bottle is the Imperial Leather logo and the product name, blow this is the name of the scent. The back of the bottle has the directions for use, product ingredients and a few other details about the bath foam. The lid is a deep purple colour and is also plastic. I have found it quite hard to get the lid on and off with ease and it needs a very hard twist to get it off.

~~USE AND RESULTS~~

It really is simple to use the bath foam, once you have got the lid off that is. A small amount needs to be poured under a running tap. I have found that only a small amount needs to be used as it does make a good lather. The lather lasted for the whole duration of my bath but I did notice that it started to go when my shampoo and conditioner mixed with the water. This was no great loss though as I do always wash my hair last. The bubbles and lather were all very nice and light. Despite the colour of this bath foam the water did not change colour in the slightest.

The consistency of the liquid is very good, it is not overly runny so loads of it runs out of the bottle at ones but it is not overly thick so it takes a lot of time to get it out of the bottle. It also starts to immediately lather once it hits the water.

The scent of the bath foam is very strong. I found it was quite heavy and not what I was expecting at all. I immediately smelt a deep floral scent to it and over the duration of my bath I started to notice a hint of perfume. I was not overly keen on the scent and found it was too strong. The scent lasted fort he whole duration of my bath which was about 20 minutes. Once I got out of the bath and dried off I was still able to smell this on my skin, even hubby noticed it when I came downstairs. He was not overly keen on the smell wither and we both agreed it was more for the older woman than the younger one.

My skin did feel nice and soft and very clean after bathing in this and for me this is the only good thing about the bath foam. I was still feeling moisturised a good few hours after my bath and I did like the feeling just not the smell. I have asked hubby to try this as he has sensitive skin but he has refused due to the smell, he does not want to be going to work smell of a woman!

~~INFO~~

The bottle size of the bath foam is 500ml and I would say it would give at least 10 baths as only a small amount is needed for each one. The shelf life of the bath foam is 12 months which is about right for a bath product.

The packaging is 100% recyclable.

There are some claims on the back of the bottle which say that this bath foam has triple moisturising ingredients, it has been dermatologically tested, 100% soap free and it has skin friendly pH. I can confidently say that I agree with the triple moisturising ingredients claim but am not entirely sure about the rest of them.

The product ingredients fro those wishing to know are:-

Aqua, sodium laureth sulphate, Cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium chloride, glycerine, parfum, polyquarternium-7, glycol distearate, cestrum nocturnum flower extract, gossypium herbaceum seed extract, laurth-4, sodium benzoate, lactic acid, tetrasodium glutamate diacetate, buthylphenyl methylpropional, haxyl cinnamal, limonene, linalool, CI 17200, CI 42090.

There are no claims on the packaging as to whether this bath foam has been made using animal testing or not.

~~PRICE AND AVAILABILITY~~

This bath foam and others in the Imperial Leather range are widely available from all supermarkets and large chemists. I managed to find it for the offer price of £1 in Asda which I felt was a good price. I would not be willing to pay any more for this product or others in the range.

~~RECOMMENDED?~~

Unfortunately I am not able to recommend this bath foam, it did leave my skin clean and very moisturised but for me the scent was way too strong. I was able to seem it for a good few hours after use and neither me or hubby liked it. I would say it was more for an older woman and this is definitely not for the male market. I am only able to give this 2 stars and these are both for the moisturisation it gives.

No comments:

Post a Comment